More than 130,000 students come to study in Canada every year and even more come to Canada to learn English or French.
For academic programs of up to 6 months in duration a study permit is not required. The foreign student must be able to complete the program during the authorize stay in Canada.
Study permits application requirements:
- Acceptance letter from a school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada.
- Sufficient funds to pay for you’re:
- Tuition fees
- Living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- Return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada.
- You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada.
- You may have to provide a police certificate.
- You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada when you have completed your studies.