Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian Experience Class was introduced in October 2008.The CEC was implemented in order to facilitate the transition to permanent status of foreign professionals already in Canada.
To qualify the prospective immigrant must:
Plan to live outside the province of Quebec and be either:
- a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
- a foreign graduate from a Canadian post-secondary institution with at least one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
- have gained your experience in Canada
- with the proper work or study authorization
- apply while working in Canada – or – within one year of leaving your job in Canada
Applicants under the CEC who currently reside in Canada submit their application to the regional processing center in Buffalo, NY. Those who left Canada submit their application to the visa office responsible for their country of nationality or residence.